Sunday, June 10, 2012

Blowing in the Wind...


Hey, look who's back. I can't believe it has almost been a month since I last posted something. Honestly, I have not had much time to paint. Or do crafty projects. Currently my craft room is the cleanest it has ever been.

I have, however, jumped onto the Instagram bandwagon. Actually, I was on it for a brief time. Then hopped off. And now I am officially back on. I find it fulfills my need to take and share pointless pictures. I am just getting started. Naturally, Meatball is my most popular photo subject.

Untitled

Back to the topic of this post. Remember my windmill? First seen here.

windmill2
Completed 2012
12"x12"
Oil on Panel

I finally finished it up. This was really more of an experiment to try out painting on a panel. I thought I was going to like it, but I'm having mixed feelings. The black dried with blotchy spots and I'm not sure if it was a result of the black paint, or the panel. I'm debating trying it again, but we'll see.

Something else I learned: black paint is really hard to photograph. All around, this was one big learning experience.




No comments:

Post a Comment