Friday, March 16, 2012

Shooting Stars

Not actual shooting-across-the-sky stars. But shooting/photographing stars. I can see why you might have thought that though.


These two guys have been shining brightly since at least last night. I only know this because Meatball has actually been letting us walk him at night. I did some intense Google searching and I think they might be Venus and Jupiter.

I know nothing about stars or planets so I could also be wrong.

BUT I did find this....


Looks kind of like my picture, right? And Earthsky.org says:

"Venus blazes like a lighthouse in the west at dusk in March 2012, as seen from all parts of Earth. In fact, all through March 2012, Venus and Jupiter – the sky’s two most brilliant planets – are the first “stars” to pop out at evening dusk, with Venus being the lower planet and Jupiter the higher in the first half of the month."

I'm going to have to say its Venus and Jupiter.

The waxing crescent moon won't appear until late March. It'll just be another excuse to drag my tripod onto the front stoop. Yes, I'm that person...



No comments:

Post a Comment