Sunday, June 12, 2011

Patio Paint

The lower level of our deck received a face-lift last year when we slightly expanded it and re-stained. Since then it has still sat idly by even though its just a few short steps away from our basement bar.  So we (I) decided we needed some welcoming decor. I bought some colorful paper lantern lights from Target and wanted to build upon that with a tiki/tropical theme. Enter Patio Paint.


In addition to the paint, I bought some relatively cheap ($2-3) pieces of wood from the home improvement store, primed, then transformed into some simple outdoor art (to the tune of some country music).


Slightly more involved, was this creation:


The writing was done using a wood burner.... and I'm not sure if it was worth the effort. Maybe because it was my first time, or maybe because I bought the cheap wood burner, but writing this short phrase took way too long. Next time I'll stick to the paint.

No comments:

Post a Comment