Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Halloween

Halloween has always been one of my favorite holidays. I love pumpkin flavored anything. And I love candy. This year Mike and I were invited to a Halloween party which means we got to dress up! Although we had the reoccurring conversation on whether I could make an abominable snowman costume in time, a la this guy...


We decided to go simple this year. So we dressed up as nerds!

IMG_0036


Aka, my costume was "Caroline with Glasses." I came to the realization halfway through assembling my costume that most of the stuff I either, already owned (the graphing calculator, the Chucks, the spiffy collared shirt), or would be happy to wear after the costume party was over (hat and bag!). Aren't we cute?

The bag was one of the fun parts of the costume assembling. I totally stole the idea off of Pinterest, which has it posted all over the place, like here and here. Supplies: $2 tote from Michaels + ComputerCrafts iron-ons that I've had sitting in a drawer for a couple years. And ta-da!

photo

And then of course there's my favorite part about any holiday: dressing up Meatball. The poor guy is such a good sport about it too.

photo(2)


This year he rewore the costume I made him last year: Count Dogula. Even though he was only about 5 months old around this time last year, for some reason it didn't occur to me that it might be snug on him this year. (Hence the neck roll.) For comparisons sake, here's a picture from last year. I had also previously posted a picture over here.

DSC_0018


See how it used to actually drape around him? haha.  Needless to say I had to make some slight adjustments to the straps.

Despite the costume snafu, Meatball was my trusty companion while I handed out candy to the kids. Here's him eagerly awaiting their arrival.

DSC_1632 

And here's him standing watch at the door.

DSC_1637 

Oh and those sad little pumpkins and lights were my only Halloween decoration this year. I know, I slacked off. However, those small pumpkins will be turned into pies and treats soon. Can't wait!




No comments:

Post a Comment