Friday, January 6, 2012

Happy Cows


happygrassfedcows
Completed 2012
16x20"
Oil

There are these cows that I sort of admired from afar for awhile. I would pass them on my way to work every morning and on my way home in the evenings. (I have a very scenic commute to work.) They would just hang out and munch on their grass.

Is it weird that I painted this picture with food in mind? Let me explain... I think most people envision that their burger is made out of happy cows like these guys. When that might not necessarily be the case. A lot of cows don't get to happily graze all day. (Ahem... factory farms... cough.) So it's nice to see this.

I'm not judging. I love a good burger too. I'm just saying...

So this painting is how I think cows should be. I am celebrating cows as the free-ranging ruminants they were meant to be.

(Word of the day: ruminant)

We all know I love cows. Remember by friend Frank from the farm?





No comments:

Post a Comment